Language with the Five Senses Education is excited to offer graduate credits on all of our professional development programs in partnership with Colorado State University Pueblo! In addition to graduate credits, we also are proud to offer a Master's of Education (M.Ed.) in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education with the Global Seal of Biliteracy in partnership with CSU Pueblo and Avant Assessment!
Read more about the M.Ed. in Global Education and about our individual graduate courses below!
M.Ed. in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
with the Global Seal of Biliteracy
in partnership with Colorado State University Pueblo and Avant Assessment
LW5S Education is offering this unique Masters of Education (M.Ed) in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Eduation with the Global Seal of Biliteracy program in partnership with Colorado State University-Pueblo and Avant Assessment.
The coursework will focus on giving in-service and pre-service educators a toolkit for delivering an equitable 21st Century Education to all students and is based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the ACTFL World-Readiness Standards, the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) Standards, and the Language with the Five Senses 21st Century Education Frameworks.
The program was designed with the LW5S ED Sustaining beliefs at the forefront- that all teachers should speak a language and experience other cultures. Therefore this program has a required 2 or 4-week study abroad program at one of our Centers for Global Learning in Senegal, France, Spain, or Italy. All other coursework is completed online.
The program is designed to provide teachers with a toolkit of skills to enhance their everyday practices and teach every student equitably.
This 38 credit program consists of four main components:
Fall quarter begins September 15th! Enrollment opens on May 1st!
for the full program
Payment plans available
Fall quarter begins September 15th and goes through December 1, 2022. All courses listed below are online.
- Thu, Sep 15Moodle
- Thu, Sep 15MoodleSep 15, 12:00 AMMoodleThe first quarter of language study. Students will be initiated in the language and learn basic communicative exchanges such as introductions, colors, numbers, likes, and dislikes, similarities and differences, navigating a city, pronouns, prepositions, and verbs in the present tense.
- Thu, Sep 15MoodleSep 15, 12:00 AMMoodleMultilingual learners experience a multitude of inequities in education, all of which were exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic. This course will specifically address and give students tools to best support multilingual learners in their classrooms. Students will review the current literature.
- Thu, Sep 15MoodleSep 15, 12:00 AMMoodleThis course focuses on learning in the brain, helping practitioners understand how the brain acquires, processes, and retains new information. This course explores the science behind learning and unifies it with the art of teaching- focusing on Growth Mindset, SMART Goals, and teaching neuro-diverse
- Thu, Sep 15MoodleSep 15, 12:00 AMMoodleEvery student has different needs. This course is meant to show how Project Based Learning allows for ensuring equitable student success through differentiation. During this course, students will study the current literature on differentiation and Universal Design for Learning, and create a project
- Connecting Classrooms- Technology to Enhance Global Connections and Bring the World Into the ClassroomThu, Sep 15Moodle
- Thu, Sep 15Moodle